Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Perhaps one of the most influential individuals from our history books Abraham Lincoln is and always will be an ideal to many people. Not only has been Abe Lincoln someone that has laid the foundations of the country we live in today and sure we can’t give him all the credit but he has made his fair share of contributions to this nation.
Taking a quote from the man himself; “nothing valuable can be lost by taking time.” So how about taking some time from your day and learn about this great man and amazing presidential figure?
Abraham Lincoln Quotes Funny:
To be fair, we don’t want anything to do with the memes that are all around the internet as we don’t see Abraham Lincoln as someone where we focus on the funny aspects of “his words”. We would much more like it if we are more focused on Abraham Lincoln’s quotes that will help us remember why he is remembered to this day.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes on Slavery:
· "A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half-slave and half-free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other."
Slavery is something we do talk about a lot and we all know now that it is a bad thing. However, we also know that people had to be shown this and it took a lot of resilience, fighting as well as patience to do so.
We are glad that we live in a time that none of us have to worry about anything like that happening. Especially to that extent of slavery, being seen as a lesser being and having less value then a family pet.
· "Whenever I hear any one arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."
Abraham Lincoln Quotes on Democracy:
· “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
There is a level of responsibility no matter what your post is, and that requires you to perform your duties to the best of your abilities. Thus no matter where or whatever you are, just does one thing. Try to be the best you can be at that moment in time.
· “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
It is not that big of a surprise that someone with the mentality that Abraham Lincoln had, he’d be able see the best and worst case scenarios.
· “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
Always have a long-term plan that is, for a lack of a better term, sustainable. Perhaps not a strategy that most people would see as the logical step to take but you have to realize that when trying to spread your narrative and wanting others to see your perspective one has to have a similar mindset. Force does not help here, not when you have such goals as Abraham Lincoln did.
· “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
Abraham Lincoln Quotes on Leadership:
Now, we are not as good with words as Abraham Lincoln was. Simply because we don’t have the mind and the ideals behind them to give them the strength that his words had. Therefore, we are not going to spoil his words with ours and just let you guys see a great man and his philosophy. How he saw that world and what rules he saw fit to play by. Here are some of Abraham Lincoln’s Quotes that assure us of his leadership skills.
· “If you would win a man to your cause first convince him that you are his sincere friend.”
· “It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.”
· “To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.”
· “He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help.”
· “Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention. Better give your path to a dog than be bitten by him.”